Xceleration’s founder, Jon Segall, started the club in 2005 to give volleyball players in the area a competitive club in which to participate and to learn proper volleyball skills. Initially started as a 3-team club, we have grown each season, both in number of teams (now 12), and competitiveness of the players. Our goal was also to provide training to serious-minded volleyball players. We believe in providing the very best training available with our qualified coaches. We provide a well-rounded program that teaches skills, sportsmanship, leadership, and a strong work ethic. We set a high standard for our administration, coaching staff, and players.
Our programs are designed to develop the ultimate volleyball potential in your child. Whether you are new to volleyball or have years of experience, we are all ready to take you to the next level!
Jon’s founding principles were simple and could be summed up in three lines:
• Compete because you love to compete
• Win because you love to win
• Play because you love the sport
Those principles are still the foundation of the club and while the club has grown quite a bit, we have not lost sight of those principles.
Who We Are
Is Xceleration VBC a place where only college bound athletes compete?
Learning a lifelong sport, making friends from a host of different schools, and having fun are often the reasons a young girl will get into volleyball. While we are extremely proud of the athletes who have continued to play at the intercollegiate level, we are equally proud of the athletes who have simply learned the enjoyment of playing a game that they can carry with them into the future. We strive to develop the athlete not only as a player but also as an individual learning life long skills such as teamwork, leadership and interpersonal skills, the ability to handle pressure situations and to effectively use goal settings to accomplish challenges and tasks on and off the court.
We offer competitive teams that compete regionally and nationally in a season that stretches from December through early July. Additionally, we offer a training schedule involving clinics and private lessons from mid-July through October. Our practice facilities are in Alameda, Oakland, Pleasant Hill, and Concord.
We love volleyball, plain and simple. It is the love of the game that made us want to create a club that reflects the best parts of the sport. The fluidity, the speed, the teamwork, the confidence, the aggressiveness, and the "art" of a game played to perfection. We want our athletes and parents to come to appreciate all aspects of the game of volleyball, and revel in the joy that competition and the pursuit of excellence brings.
What Do You Get When You Play for Xceleration?
• Competitive teams, many of which practice 3 days a week (some practice 2 days a week with extra weekend practices added) from December through May or June.
• Quality coaching. Our staff is made up of current college coaches, high school coaches, college players, and former college players.
• Extra clinics and lessons available year round.
• A college development program that has 42 former players playing on an active college roster right now, many more who played in college and have now graduated, and a database of over 400 college coaches that we are in contact with.
• FUN! A teaching and hopefully an understanding of what a great sport volleyball is and how it is a sport that you can enjoy throughout your lifetime.
In summary, we LOVE this game plain and simple. That is what made us create the club and what sustains us as we move forward. We hope your experiences with our club enable you to love it just as much.